East-West International School was granted a six-year WASC Accreditation in 2013.
The Accrediting Commission for Schools — Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC) is a world-renowned accrediting association and one of the six regional accrediting agencies in the United States. It works closely with the Office of Overseas Schools under the US Department of State.
ACS WASC provides assistance to schools worldwide primarily in California, Hawaii, Guam, Asia, the Pacific Region, the Middle East, Africa and Europe.
The ASC WASC philosophy centers upon three beliefs:
- a school’s goal is successful student learning;
- each school has a clear purpose and school-wide student goals; and
- a school engages in external and internal evaluations as part of continued school improvement to support student learning.
Accreditation is integral to a school’s perpetual cycle of assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, and reassessment based upon student achievement. It fosters excellence in elementary, secondary, adult, and post-secondary education by encouraging school improvement through a process of continuing evaluation and to recognize, by accreditation, schools that meet an acceptable level of quality in accordance with established criteria. In addition to its official title, WASC also means We Are Student-Centered.
- Assures a school community that the school’s purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable education program — a trustworthy institution for student learning
- Validates the integrity of the school’s program and transcripts
- Facilitates transfer of credits to other English-speaking schools — critical for college/university acceptance worldwide
- Fosters the ongoing improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning
- Provides valuable insight from fellow educators visiting the school
- Benefits schools that choose joint accreditation or other collaborative processes, e.g., ACS WASC/CDE.For further information, visit the WASC Website: